04 May 2012

Where will U go next?

As we were loading up our Uhaul preparing to leave Vancouver in December, I walked around the side of the truck, smiled and had to take a picture...


I wasn't sure how long we would be in the Okanagan or exactly where we would be in a year. We have moved so many times in the past 14 years (9 times to be exact ~ 3 provinces, 2 cross country moves, and 2 cross province moves and that also included a 5 year stay in one house).  Everytime I look at this photo I am not sure if the attitude of the quote is a curious...here comes an exciting adventure kind of question or if it is just mocking me.

This week I have been wanting to unpack all the boxes of items that are not really necessary to our day to day lives; all the well loved "luxury items" that have not been used in awhile - primarily a lot of dishes, books and craft/art supplies. I have been looking around the rental house desperately wanting to paint/change light fixtures/rip out carpet, etc. but I can't. My internal "must be time to move" alarm has begun to ring. This is usually where I start packing up essentials, and dreaming of a place that I can make my own, that looks and feels the way I want it to. Where I can be surrounded by all the stuff I love, where I can get organized and finally settle down a little. Maybe even get a pet for the kids.

Our intended move to Nova Scotia this summer is not working out the way we planned. We are all getting a little restless...

Instead of packing up and looking for our next new place to live...

I registered my youngest son in Kindergarten at the neighbourhood school for September and my hubby has been talking to the landlord about painting the house...

I'm feeling a little out of my comfort zone, but interested to see how this adventure turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment