05 April 2012

Birthday Boy

Yesterday was my second son's seventh birthday...


He had a great day and really enjoyed all the phone calls he received.

He also enjoyed his birthday treats...


Root beer floats for an after school treat.


For dinner he requested Spanakopita and spinach dip...he loves spinach. I must admit his meal choice made me laugh a little.


Instead of cake he wanted pumpkin pie. He doesn't really like sweets...


or pastry! He just loves the filling...but for some reason it has to come in the pastry. I have tried making him pumpkin flan instead...but he didn't like it as much. It was his birthday so I let him just eat the filling...I also let him eat a second piece for breakfast this morning.

We have a family tradition of allowing the birthday person to choose the meals for the day. It is always fun seeing what they choose.  

(And I do realize that the table wasn't very 7 year old boyish...the fun party will be tomorrow and most of my dishes are still packed. So he had to put up with some of my latest thrift store finds which included a set of 26 pieces of blue wedgewood transferware, a beautiful pink scalloped platter, and two pink rosebud round platters and a milk glass vase all for under $40. I really am enjoying thrifting for treasures!)

We had a great day yesterday and now I just need to prepare for tomorrow's party!



No comments:

Post a Comment