07 September 2011

Looking East


This week our family has been feeling a little nostalgic.


 Maybe it's the craziness of my hubby's hours (he had a few days that lasted until 2am in the studio)...


maybe it's the beautiful September weather that still feels like summer...


it could be that we were stuck in the house for a day and the boys were getting restless and I may have mentioned once or twice how nice it was to have a large house with room to run around...


perhaps it was visiting the local beach and the only sealife we found was 20 or 30 tiny crabs and they were all dead (no hermit crab racing here)...





or maybe it's the fact that Lobster season is over and we didn't have any this year (all but one of us thoroughly enjoyed lobster seasons for three years).


 But, everyone in the family has been missing the Maritimes.


All of us.


 Every day for a week.


 I can't seem to get away from it.


 I pull a random book off the shelf and it is "Above Atlantic Canada", I grab another and it is Anne of Green Gables.


I turn on the TV and Chef Michael Smith is cooking "at home" in Prince Edward Island.

I apologize for the lousy phone photo, but that is me and my daughter and chef Michael Smith in PEI.

 I walk into the kitchen and my daughter is looking at photos on the labtop, scrolling through the past few years...


sigh...


and to top it off, just for fun I pulled up the MLS listings for our current location with homes starting around 1.5 million for a fixer upper...switch to the Maritimes and a similar house will set you back less then 100 thousand. With 1.5 million you can buy your own island or hundreds of acres, or an estate. I do love Vancouver and think the next few years will be a great adventure for our family. But, I am still dreaming of my farm...


and maybe some lobster.


No comments:

Post a Comment