24 May 2011

views from my neighbourhood

The boys and I decided to take an after dinner walk around our neighbourhood.


I love this rural neighbourhood...


I love the views...


I love the quirky animals in the neighbourhood...


and at this time of year, I love looking at the blossoms...


and the new babies.


I love that the lilacs are now in bloom.


The neighbourhood is filled with lilacs and as we walked we absorbed their fragrance with every breath.


Our walk also provided us with an impromptu science lesson...


Walking with my boys and seeing the world through their eyes is one of my favourite things to do. I love that they help me by pointing out the beautiful flowers in the neighbourhood...


Their appreciation of the simple things helps me to pay more attention and to try and enjoy things for what they are and not for what I perceive them to be.


I love being outdoors, breathing in the fragrant air, enjoying the simple beauty all around me...


spending time with my four favourite boys watching the sun set...


what could be better than that?

2 comments:

  1. These images are stunning ~ spring splendor at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh beautiful photos and amazing nature all around you I miss that! We are weeks behind I think!Good luck with your move and everything too coming up that is exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete