09 February 2011

always look on the bright side of life...

Does anyone else out there cringe at the thought of filling out forms?

We are in our seventh year of post-secondary school and each year has been filled with forms...

school forms
government forms

and don't even get me started on filling out forms for moving between provinces...

I am signing up for another semester of school (one day I WILL finish this degree). I filled out all the forms for both the school and for the necessary evil of student loans...all done!

And then comes an email from my school with a minor glitch that of course requires me to fill out all of the forms AGAIN! WAH!!!

I am trying to maintain my new optimistic attitude. I am trying to not eat the entire batch of yummy gingersnaps sitting in my kitchen and I am trying not to throw anything as I run out of printer paper with two sheets left to print.

No, I am going to take the high road. I am looking on the bright side...

I am fortunate enough to have a supportive family which allows me to work on my degree...

Because we may be moving (again!) this summer I need to take classes without exams (to avoid any complications with ordering exams to be invigilated) and so I get to take two creative writing classes
(which I LOVE.) ...I can just picture myself sitting on the beach pen and notebook in hand...(I will not imagine all the distractions I will have with four children surrounding me kicking sand on said notebook).

This HAS to be the last time I need to fill out these forms so I can FINALLY get back to classes (did I mention this was the fourth time...and that I was supposed to start in October 2010 but it is now pushed back to June 2011!)...breathing...deeply...

I am really excited about getting back to classes and working on my degree. I am determined to finish it before I turn forty. I have 2 1/2 years...and five semesters to go...which still allows me time to do it.

I did not see this...



like I do on so many days when I tried to access the internet...the internet is working for me today...

And if all else fails to cheer me up....

I do have that yummy batch of warm gingersnaps cooling in the kitchen that I can nibble on while filling out the forms again. They should make the process a little less painful!

No comments:

Post a Comment