10 March 2010

BIG week

It's a big week at our house. My hubby finishes his graduation requirements for his MFA tomorrow!!! His final show is on NOW.




My girl and I baked 165 cupcakes (10 different kinds) this past week-end for his show opening...her first catering event (and mine for that matter). We were both very excited.



AND...I learned something new. I found the Macro setting on my camera and for the first time in my life was able to take non-blurry close ups...really close up!!!!


I am again so excited, maybe, just maybe I can have beautiful photos that I will be proud of posting! (Okay so onions and garlic aren't so beautiful, but this was really close up and so NOT blurry that it made me happy!)

I was so excited about my macro discovery (old hat to many I am sure, but this is such an amazing discovery for me!), Anyway, I was so excited about my discovery that I went a little picture happy taking pictures of some of my favourite finds in my dining room...

Like the door knob, I love the door knobs in our house...



one of my favourite wedding gifts from a friend of my father-in-law...






Brown transferware, which I love and collect...I think I may do a post on this later as I have too many pictures of my different pieces to put here...



I also collect other colours of transferware as well, this was a plate I inherited from my great aunt eve...



An old teapot that I inherited from my granny...



an old plate I inherited from my granny.. this one is very wierd, looks like a paint by number plate or something...



one of my granny's dishes, she always used these for family meals...I have more maybe I should do a post about things my granny gave me later as well...



This is the back of the previous platter...I love not seeing dishwasher safe on the back!



The teapot that started my collecting, my mom bought me this for my 12th birthday...



My favourite rolling pin, my husband gave me this for one of my anniversary gifts two years ago...some get diamonds, some get trips...I get vintage kitchen ware...it makes me happy...



I love how well loved this rolling pin has been...



and I wonder who used it before me...think of all the cookies it has rolled!

Wow...this is a long post and I haven't posted even a portion of my pictures...more later...happy thoughts....

No comments:

Post a Comment